February 10, 2011

Weekly Update - Reno Reno Reno

So, the renovation continues at my house. The drywalling is all done, as is the priming and wall painting. This is what the wall looked like last week at this time.


And on Saturday, we started rebuilding the kitchen, sort of. The under cabinet lighting was secured into place, cabinets were all cleaned up and counter was clear of drywall equipment, newspaper and most of all - dust!


Of course, that was short-lived. On Sunday morning, we took all the cabinet doors off in preparation for their make over. I haven't hidden my dislike for the honey-orange cabinets, and finally, they will get a splash of colour! Donny and I wouldn't be ourselves if we didn't properly label every cabinet door, to ensure we know exactly where they get put back!


Step 1 was to clean all surfaces with TSP. Then, came sanding, and priming. (We're still on this step, as we'll probably need two coats) Hopefully by the weekend, we'll be able to get a first coat of paint on these babies. We selected Benjamin Moore's Jet Black in a Pearl finish for the cabinet doors. I can't wait to see it all come together.

So, that's what we've been up to! More dust, more fuss, but it's all worth it - or it will be!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment